08 February 2009

List of the Best Canadian Cell Phone Companies

In my recent decision to move to St. Catharines, I realized that I would finally have to switch to a Canadian cell phone carrier......much to my chagrin. So today I went on a hunt in Masonville Place to seek out a proper service that was compatible to my needs. Needess to say, I didn't find a whole lot I was impressed with, but I've narrowed my choices down to either Bell's student blackberry plan or Solo Mobile's $35 plan with a few add ons.

I also checked out these other companies, and these are the ones I liked the best, in order:
1. Rogers
2. Telus

3. Koodo
4. Virgin Mobile
5. Fido



I have unique needs because I talk to the US all the time. I think that Bell's plan is the best, but I'll see. I just don't want to get ripped off. Grrrr.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

...and Bell will rip you off.
I've been with 4 of your 6 mentioned overall (inc. Bell). I switched from Bell in highschool, to Telus. Stuck with them for about 3 years and now I'm with Rogers.

Rogers has been the most helpful and most sincere when it comes to customer support. Though they're just doing their job, I think they deserve congratulations - they are superior, in my opinion anyway.

Try looking at "The Telephone Booth" next time you'r around MP. That's where I got my iPhone (under Rogers) and the sales manager there was very helpful. Told him everything I needed and what I wanted to pay. He made it happen.

Paul Sham said...

I've been on Rogers for a while. I recently got an iPhone, and resigned with them for another three years only because I didn't want to pay the contract termination fee for moving to another carrier.

I think Rogers has good customer service, but I was considering switching to Fido because they have no system access fee, which is $15/month, I think.

Post a Comment