20 February 2009

Weird Connections

This week was reading week, and aside from working at the hotel in London, I spent the rest of my time with Piotr in St. Catharines looking for an apartment. Well, we found one, but I met someone surprising during my search.

Piotr and I were looking at a high-end apartment building (which was a little too pricey for us in the long run), and I started tal
king to the girl who was showing us around. Turns out it was her second job.
Turns out this girl,
Deb Pearce, is the morning show host on Proud FM in Toronto! I can't believe I met somebody like that in a completely random setting!
Deb Pearce
I've never met a DJ who does the big morning show before. I was really shocked. Well, I started talking to her about my desire to get into the radio industry, and she gave me her card and told me to email her with any questions. She was really nice and gave me some great pointers. It just goes to show you that good things happen when you least expect them to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment