10 February 2009

Salsa

I joined a salsa class today at the student rec center and I have to say it was a great time! It's really hard to know what you're doing when you go to a salsa club to dance and you don't know what the proper moves are. So basically, I just went along with my partner at the salsa club back in Cincinnati and never fully learned the correct salsa steps and procedure. I did pick up on it really quick though and it's definitey a fun and effective workout. I recommend everyone head to UWO's campus rec center and check out the classes they offer!


In Cincinnati my best friends and I went to Mad Frog Bar on Monday nights and danced salsa to a GREAT live latino band called Tropicoso:


Another good exercise routine is running, which is obvious, but I don't mean on the boring treadmill. I'm talking about taking my dog to Springbank park in the warm air and just booking it up and down the trails by the river. It leaves your head so clear and your body refreshed. I was rewarded by exercising there today as well, because I saw four young does across the Thames sipping water on the bank. It was a really nice site and makes you appreciate trails like Springbank's where you can come in close proximity with nature while not disturbing it for the most part. The geese are another issue. They're just plain annoying. And I didn't know it until today that they hiss at you. It was rather amusing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment