25 February 2009

Plane Wrecks Running Amuck

As I awoke from my light slumber this morning at 6am, the headline "Plane Crash in Amsterdam" entered my barely alert ears. So what's the deal? How many plane crashes have happened in the last month and a half? I can now think of three offhand:
1. The Miracle on the Hudson Crash
2. The Buffalo, NY crash
3. The Amsterdam crash

Actually, the site planecrashinfo.com states that there have actually been Seven crashes since the beginning of the year.....eight counting today's.
And people wonder why some individuals have a fear of flying. Granted, two of these crashes had either no loss of life (Hudson) or limited loss of life (Amsterdam), but they're still crashes. I don't want to hear any laughter next time I fly to Poland and I'm clutching the arm rest.

0 comments:

Post a Comment