17 January 2009

Cambell's Ain't Got Nothin' on Me

What does a cold cold day in London call for? Homemade soup of course! Although I normally stick to the cream of______ soups, I made a veggie & noodle meadley today!mmmm mmmmm goood! haha.

Ingredients:

Base veggie broth:
onion (finely minced)
minced garlic
celery (some finely chopped & some chunks)
carrots (ditto)
water
vegeta seasoning (essential to every European cooking fanatic)


After I let it cook for a about an hour, I added:
2 chicken gravy cubes....
more water
some french-style leftover green beans from the other day
a little left over pork gravy (added a nice flavor....very little...had to get rid of it)
szczypiorek (dried green onions from the Polish store)
oregano
A couple splashes of Maggi seasoning....mmmmm salty!
Wacky-Mac noodles made from veggies....very healthy!!

The soup definitely satisfies my salty taste buds! As far as sugar goes, I get the occasional cravings for it (which any female will understand once a month), but other than that, not really a fan of sugary treats.

This may not seem appetizing to some, but I like to throw in lots of ingredients to make something wonderful!

Speaking of wonderful, check out this video to make loaded potato soup! I've made it twice now and it's absolutely wonderful! I've made it with both 1% and skim milk, and the 1% works the best......just a tip! =)





0 comments:

Post a Comment