21 January 2009

Michigan drivers: my rant

Every region of every country has crazy drivers, but I've come to believe that they tend to congregate in certain areas more than others. Namely, Michigan, northern Ohio, Ontario, pretty much anywhere north of Toledo. I should edit this title to include Ontario drivers too, because they're just as bad, but Michigan drivers take the cake!
Map of worst drivers in the US by ordinary citizens.....avoid the blacked out areas at all cost!!! And notice how the most of the dark spots are in the northern portion of the states.


So why do I make this judgment? Being from Cincinnati area and living in London, Ontario, I drive back and forth to visit my parents all the time. I also drive back and forth to St. Catharines to visit Piotr (*love*) all the time, so I have a lot of experience on the highway (and clocked probably about 3 months of my life driving....no joke).

My observations primarily concern excessive speeding and erratic driving. Every time I get cut off driving south on Interstate 75 or get passed by a person doing 85mph or more, 9 times out of 10 the car has a Michigan plate. The other 1 time out of 10, it's an Ontario plate. This has got so predictable I don't even say "It's a Michigan jerk" anymore. *sigh* Please enforce some stricter license regulations Michigan!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the map...makes it look like bad drivers are a pox upon the U.S. of A. ;)

Post a Comment