17 January 2009

Infuriating Furnace!!!

I'm going to clarify that although I often say I love the cold, I think I've had enough!
As much as I would like to compare myself to an Eskimo/Inuit woman.........



I would love to see the warm state of Florida appear out of thin ice...quite literally:





Kentucky has such hot, humid, and miserable summers that I was always glad when the coolness and snowy-joy of winter rolled around, but I don't think I quite prepared myself for Canada's blast of arctic air!


Now, to make matters worse than the -19C air flow currently outside my basement apartment at 10am in the morning, the furnace in this old house can't really keep up. I literally woke up last night from being too cold! Upstairs in the housemate's dwellings, it's like walking through Greenland (improperly named!!!!) Jordan, the landlord's son, does not have a clue how to fix it either. So if I happen not to show up in class on Wednesday (here's looking at you Bianca), please let everyone know I'm frozen in an ice cube in the basement!


Hopefully my half American Eskimo Dog, Nanook, who is properly named, will still be around with her half-fluffiness!


0 comments:

Post a Comment